Ramblings. Direct from me to you.

Rambling (v): To speak or write at length and with many digressions.

Sunday, August 17, 2003

Weight a minute...

Stepped on the scale tonight. 178 lbs! w00t!! It even teased me with a couple of 177's! Is that sweet, or what?

Horoscope time! Courtesy of 365gay.com
Capricorn:"Astrologers love to give Capricorns a hard time. ('Cause, well, we can.) You're always being pegged as fussy, grim, and controlling. The truth is that you have a soft, adorable side - you just don't show it on the first date. This week, Mercury is helping you to loosen up. You'll serenade your honey by moonlight or stage a playful round of Hide the Soap with your live-in. Or you'll buy drinks for a group of strangers, thereby showing how cool and financially abundant you are. (Well, fake it 'til you feel it.)"
Something tells me T might like this. :-)

Now, over to Vancouver for a moment. Some fundamentalist religious-types were holding a rally today in Vancouver against same-sex marriage. Some 1000 GLBT people held a counter-rally. Story available here, again courtesy of 365gay.com. (Yes, I do read other sites!). I love this excerpt:
"As the protestors stood in front of the Vancouver courthouse to hear speeches denouncing homosexuality and same-sex marriage, about 1000 gays marched into the area singing "We're going to the chapel and we're going to get married.""
I couldn't help but laugh when I read that. I think they chose the perfect song!

Technology upgrade time!
Got a new stereo yesterday. Got that with some A&B gift certificates I won at work, and traded my laptop for. My old one (one of those Aiwa bookshelf units) was failing. The cd player was shot, and it ate tapes. So, I got... What do you mean "What are tapes?"? What kind of question is that? You know... Those audio cassettes that everybody used to use after records (don't ask) and before cds. Remember them? The thin, typically brown magnetic ribbon (tape) inside a plastic shell. As the player wound the tape from one reel to the other, the tape player heads would read the magnetic info on the tape, and play it back as sound. Remember, now? Good! Anyways, I replaced it with a slightly smaller Sony unit. Five cd changer, tape deck, hookup for my computer, plays MP3 cds. SWEET! Plus, it's a super-spiffy silver color!

Also, I replaced my cell phone. My black Motorola StarTac was failing, too. (What is it with my gadgets lately? Stereo, then cell phone!) So, I got a new Motorola T720. This cost me some of my own hard(ly) earned money. But, it was worth it. I now have a cell phone that WORKS! What a concept....

Alright, enough of this conscious happiness. Time for some unconscious happiness. G'night!

Current mood: Tired. Bed time!
Current media: Frank Mills - Musicbox Dancer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home