Ramblings. Direct from me to you.

Rambling (v): To speak or write at length and with many digressions.

Sunday, August 10, 2003

He's back!

Why almost a week since the last update? Is it a lack of internet connection? Nope. Blogger playing silly hell? Nope. Computer having problems? Nope. What is it you ask? < angelic look on face > Well, it isn't laziness on my part, that's for sure! < /fails miserably > ;-)

So, here's the happenings of a week.
Wednesday:Hung out with The Kid. Went for a slurpee walk. Got to see her new place. Both cool things. Got to sit down and chat with her for a good, long time. VERY COOL!
Thursday:Hung out with RenderMan at EmDeBe's place. We watched a dvd, and chatted. Much fun.
Friday:Hung out with Banana. Watched a couple of movies. A third good evening.
Saturday:Went for a drive. A very relaxing activity. Went about 50-60km south of Edmonton, turned around, and drove back. On the way back, I stopped at a roadside turnout, and wrote in my diary for a while. There's something about writing in my diary that I find to be very therapudic. Does the diary provide answers? No. But, it does help me understand the questions, and answer them myself. If you don't have a diary of your own, I suggest you start one. It doesn't have to be anything fancy. Use whatever you like. Mine is a coiled notebook that is often used for notes in school. Works just fine.

Time for a couple of quotes that I saw this week:
Nominated for Quote of the Year is the statement made by Texas Congressman Dick Armey when asked, "If you had been in President Clinton's place, would you have resigned?"

Armey's reply: "If I had been in the president's place, I would not have gotten the chance to resign. I would have been lying in a pool of my own blood, looking up, and listening to my wife ask, 'How do you reload this son of a bitch'?"

Quote 2:
"Arnold Schwarzenegger: Finally, a public official who can explain the administration's social policies in the original German."

--Bill Maher, via Bobby the Mat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home