Ramblings. Direct from me to you.

Rambling (v): To speak or write at length and with many digressions.

Thursday, February 26, 2004

Ranting at 60kph

"Poor road conditions were to blame for a five car pile up today on..."

"Thick fog and snow were the cause of a collision on highway X, Y km south of Whoville today..."

"Slick roads were partially to blame for a number of traffic accidents during the morning rush hour..."


BULLSHIT! All the ice, snow, fog, rain, and crappy roads in the world aren't enough to make two (or more) vehicles collide!
Would you like me to let you in on a little secret?
You do?
Ok.
Here goes.

The cause of collisions when the road conditions are piss-poor is that people DON'T SLOW THEIR STUPID ASSES DOWN AND DRIVE WITH DUE CAUTION. Simple concept, no?

Like, come on here. How hard is this to grasp? When there is snow, rain, fog, hail, dead frogs, and what-not making the roads all slippery-like, SLOW DOWN.

If you don't have the smarts necessary to slow your stupid ass down when it starts snowing/raining/dead frogging, then don't blame it on the roads and weather when you wrap your car around a lamp post. Or, worse yet, when you hit some innocent driver or pedestrian.

"Oh, but I don't like driving when it's snowing. The roads are so slippery."
Fine. DON'T DRIVE! Take the bus. Cab. Car pool. Walk. Flap your arms like a frigging bird.


You know, I have NO problems driving on the shittiest of roads. All I do is slow my car down. If the roads are so bad that I can't realistically control my car, then I stay home!

Do I feel as though I'm being insensitive towards people who are unable to handle a bit of snow and ice? No.
Driving is a privilidge, not a right. If you can't handle it, then get the hell of my roads.

< /rant >

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home