Ramblings. Direct from me to you.

Rambling (v): To speak or write at length and with many digressions.

Friday, January 16, 2004

REAL update time!

I can write an entry that doens't have a quiz in it? Whoa...
;-)

Work has had an interesting turn lately. Back in early December, one of our sales managers turned in her notice. Because Christmas is a terrible time for training new staff (nevermind training new managers), I was asked if I would like to absorb many of her duties, and become a p/t sales manager in her place until the end of January. Because I had done the job on and off in the past, I agreed to lend a hand or two.

*Fast-forward to January 4*

All the sales managers, managers-in-training, and acting sales managers (me) had a meeting with the president and VP of the company that night to setup and discuss our goals for the upcoming year. Completely unknown to me until about 5 min before the meeting was set to start, they had prepared a job offer for me. *blink* *blink*
No interviews. No open competition for the role. They just handed it to me. Granted (like any major role shift), I'm on a three month prove-myself-to-them probation.
So, it's official. I am now a full-time sales manager. I get a chance to grow, learn, and try new stuff.
Plus, the extra $$ doesn't hurt. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home